2.選用簡約膠水瓶 及 網狀筆袋及適量文具。
According to the “Reducing the weight of students’ school bags” guideline in the School Operation Guide, the weight of students’ school bags should not exceed 15% of students’ body weight. The results of the first school bag survey in 2021/2022 showed that 32.58% of primary school students’ school bags were overweight. Parents are advised to address the problem of overweight school bags and to reduce the weight of students’ school bags according to the following suggestions:
1. Use a shoulder bag (nylon spine protection school bag) instead of a heavy trolley school bag.
2. Use a simple glue pen and mesh pencil pouches with the appropriate amount of stationery.
3. Guide children to pick up their school bags every day and not to carry too many items.
4. Check the weight of students’ school bags regularly.
5. Check the length of the shoulder straps of students’ school bags regularly as they may not be of the same length, which may lead to different stress on the shoulders and affect their health.
6. Remind your child to maintain a correct and good posture at all times. Incorrect posture to bear the schoolbag can lead to neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain and affect their body development.
8. Observe your child for scoliosis or back pain, and seek early medical advice if you suspect it.
9. Keep your child doing exercise regularly outdoors to strengthen their bones.